SpectrAlert® Advance selectable-output horns, strobes and
horn/strobes are rich with features guaranteed to cut installation
times and maximize profits. The SpectrAlert Advance
series of notification appliances is designed to simplify your
installations, with features such as: plug-in designs, instant
feedback messages to ensure correct installation of individual
devices, and eleven field-selectable candela settings for wall
and ceiling strobes and horn/strobes.
More specifically, when installing Advance products, first
attach a universal mounting plate to a four-inch square, fourinch
octagon, or double-gang junction box. The two-wire
mounting plate attaches to a single-gang junction box.
Then, connect the notification appliance circuit wiring to the
SEMS terminals on the mounting plate.
Finally, attach the horn, strobe, or horn/strobe to the mounting
plate by inserting the product’s tabs in the mounting plate’s
grooves. The device will rotate into position, locking the product’s
pins into the mounting plate’s terminals. The device will
temporarily hold in place with a catch until it is secured with a
captured mounting screw.
SpectrAlert Advance products allow you to choose:
• 12 or 24 volts.
• 15, 15/75, 30, 75, 95, 110, 115, 135, 150, 177, or 185 candela
by way of a rear-mounted slide switch and front viewing
• Horn tones and volume by way of a rotary switch.
The SpectrAlert Advance series includes outdoor notification
appliances. Outdoor strobes and horn/strobes (two-wire and
four-wire) are available for wall or ceiling. Outdoor horns are
available for wall only. All System Sensor outdoor products are
rated between –40°C and 66°C in wet or dry applications.
• Indoor wall-mount: horn, strobe, 2-wire horn/strobe, 4-wire
• Indoor ceiling-mount: strobe, 2-wire horn/strobe, 4-wire
• Outdoor wall-mount: horn, strobe, 2-wire horn/strobe, 4-
• Outdoor ceiling-mount: strobe, 2-wire horn/strobe, 4-wire
• Plug-in design.
• Same mounting plate for wall- and ceiling-mount units.
• Shorting spring on mounting plate for continuity check
• Captive mounting screw.
• Tamper-resistance capability.
• Field-selectable candela settings on wall and ceiling units:
15, 15/75, 30, 75, 95, 110, 115, 135, 150, 177, 185.
• Automatic selection of 12 or 24 volt operation at 15 and 15/
• Outdoor wall and ceiling products.
• Outdoor products rated from –40°C and 66°C.
• Outdoor products rainproof per UL50 (NEMA 3R) and
weatherproof per NEMA 4X, IP56
• Minimal intrusion into the backbox.
• Horn rated at 88+ dbA at 16 volts.
• Rotary switch for tone selection.
• Three horn volume settings.
• Electrically compatible with existing SpectrAlert products.