Mineral Insulated Heating Cables
MIQ high performance mineral insulated heating cables are used extensively for high temperature maintenance, high temperature exposure and/or high watt density applications which exceed the limitations of thermoplastic insulated cables.
Thermon's MIQ mineral insulated cables are manufactured using Alloy 825, a high nickel/chromium alloy which is ideally suited for high temperature service that offers exceptional resistance to stress corrosion in chloride, acid, salt and alkaline environments.
MIQ cables are certified for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the ATEX directive and the IEC Ex scheme.
• A constant Watt heat tracing cable designed for high exposure temperatures and/or high watt density applications
• Typical applications are found in the Chemical- and Petrochemical industries for maintenance of low viscosity fluids as well as in applications where steam purging occurs.
• Alloy 825 for exceptional resistance to stress corrosion in chloride, acid, salt and alkaline environments.
• Ex-rated for hazardous areas
• High heating power, suitable up to 500°C (Power on)
• Can be installed at temperatures to -60°C
• T-rating: Stabilized design or thermostat
• Certifications/ Approval:
High Temperature Magnesium Oxide Dielectric
Seamless Alloy 825 Sheath
Freeze Protection And Temperature Maintenance To 5000 C
Maximum Exposure Temperature 6000 C
Maximum Watt Density ………….. 260 W/M
Available Voltages………………….. 300 And 600 Vac